Please click the link below to fill out an adoption application. You will redirected to the Texas Cane Corso Rescue website. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for applying with Cane Corso Rescue

APPLY TO ADOPT HERE!!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Maximus Deutsch-CT - Young, Male - ADOPTED!!!! WAY TO GO MAX!

I didn't like that shelter, they wanted to kill me!
A relaxed Max!



Max's Story posted on facebook a week ago got the attention of many and helped save his live, when a fabulous foster family offered to take in a second Corso in need.  "URGENT: This story will make you cry.... PLEASE HELP!!! I was called by the shelter today about a 3 year old male Corso. He has lived with 4 children (5yrs+) and 3 kittens. The wife is sleeping on the floor illegally in an apartment that is vacant (they were evicted due to no payment) and they have tried several different avenues. 1/2 the family is in the new apt that doesn't allow animals. All rescues have turned them down so they went to LHS in Jersey City to euthanize their loyal companion. The shelter is out of the drug to euthanize until tomorrow and called me to see if I can help. The owner just called me in tears. This is absolutely heartbreaking. This dog has actually come close to death one other time. PLEASE HELP US SAVE HIM. We need a foster or donations to board him. PLEASE, PLEASE. This Corso sleeps with 
3 kittens at night. :-( :-("



Road to recovery!




































Max take a ride home!

Max is Making friends...less than 24 hours in recovery!























































Max's adoption donation is $350.

10 comments:

  1. Max only took about a day to fall in love with everyone. He gets along great with his two foster sisters and 2 human sisters. He adores his foster father and greets him with all the love in the world. He gets along with all critters even if our cat is annoyed about sharing the bedroom. He has to be at your side all the time. We call him the Fun Police as he likes to tattle tale on his foster sisters. He is very spoiled and will eat most anything, working on dry. He is super gentle about taking food and loves to be out walking, which he is great on a leash. He's great in the car and loves to hang his head out the window. He loves attention and will come over and let you know. He doesn't mind being smothered with hugs and kisses and really took to our little people immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Liberty Humane Society facebook posting about Maximus mentioned that in addition to housing issues- the previous owner said they had to give up Maximus due to "behavior issues". What behavior problems does he have?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Max has only shown confinement issues. He does not like to be crated or separated from his family. When his foster parents go to work, he stays loose in the house. Liberty Humne Society never had Max!! They called us and we worked with the current owners to take possession of him. Max was surrendered, NOT due to behavior but due to landlord issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be interested in adopting him. Two, things, I live on Long Island, ok three things, we have another dog, small beagle who is not yappy or into alot of playtime with other dogs and third, how do I get in touch with your group to discuss whaat it is Im looking for in an adoption. Thanks, Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you mean he does not like to be separated from his family? If I go out to run errands, will he be ok home alone with my other dog?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Max is home with two foster sisters and does not need crating, just a comfy chair. He loves giving and getting attention, he is still learning how to play, but doesn't show much interest in it, he'd rather have rubbings. He's come along way and his separation issues have greatly improved! He is an overgrown teddy bear and loves to give hugs.
    He is fine with our cat and bunny, and we have a yap yap hyper dog ourselves who is trying to get him to play, but he'd rather lay down next to us when she starts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Max sounds like a very good dog.From the way he sounds he will make someone a very good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would be interested in adopting Max or at the very least fostering him. I have not seen any recent post on him so if someone can contact me with some information on him and fostering one of these wonderful animals i would be very happy. please email me my name is amamda and my email adress is always_a_xfiter@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm enrolling in a Canine College in Fort Lauderdale soon. I need a dog that is an excellent candidate to be my "learner-Dog" and accompany me as I go through the course. I also have two small daughters at home and would need a child-friendly and patient dog as my girls learn to interact with a new dog in the house. I have my eyes on Max but am open to a more appropriate individual. Could you help me out?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would be interested in max if he is still available to be adopted. I have two cats that live in the house as well so would that be a issue? Please contact me at rgreenlief@aol.com
    Thanks
    Robert Greenlief

    ReplyDelete