Please click the link below to fill out an adoption application. You will redirected to the Texas Cane Corso Rescue website. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for applying with Cane Corso Rescue

APPLY TO ADOPT HERE!!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Nanna Banana-KY - Mature, Female...ADOPTED!!!!!

I promise to love you until the end of time!
Another Corso abandoned on the streets of Louisville, left to fend for herself...no food, no water (except for an 
occasional puddle), and no shelter in the dead of winter. Who knows how long she walked the streets looking for somebody to love and care for her. Poor girl was so terrified that animal control had to set a trap to catch her; but once in the shelter, it didn't take long for her to show her true loving nature to the volunteers. Does seem cruel to do all this to a living, breathing creature just to place them on death row in a high kill shelter. :-( Lucky for Nanna, one of the shelter coordinators was determined to save this poor girl's life and began pleading with rescue organizations to take her...somehow not having a foster home available seemed to be an unacceptable response, so one of our wonderful volunteers offered   to take her and the rest is history. Nanna Banana's foster mom reports that, "she was extremely skinny when I picked her up and very, very hungry. Nanna Banana is an absolute doll. She loves people, kids especially,and is accepting of other dogs. She is truly a gentle giant. The shelter estimated her age to be about 5 years old. It is obvious by the state of Nanna Banana's teeth she has NEVER been feed a quality, nutritional diet. Nanna Banana will make a great companion and addition to anyone's family. Poor girl seems unusually sad often having her head hanging down still grieving the loss of the only family she knew (the one that abandoned her) and at times, can be heard softly crying from her bed. Please help us find this splendid girl a 'real' forever family! 
Don't you like my natural ears?








Nanna's adoption donation is $250.


Are you my forever family?













9 comments:

  1. Where in Kentucky is she being fostered? Im working on my family. We rescued one almost a year ago and she is the best gift we have ever received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Nanna a blue or black, I can't tell by the picture. Has she been tested around children and other dogs. I live in OH and have three dogs but
    these dogs seem so nice. Do they ever get over protective for no reason or are they just a family dog, who would protect the loved ones if needed

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for a late response. Nanna is blue, which is why you see grey on her muzzle. The blues tend to show more grey (or sooner). Nanna is in southeast KY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very interested in nanna. I lost my cane Lily a little over a year ago to bone cancer and am finally ready for a new girl. She looks so sweet but so in need of a permanent family! Is she spayed? I am in Portland, Oregon and will submit an application, but hoped to speak/e-mail with her foster family also. Please let me know if I can contact you by e-mail. I would greatly appreciate it.
    Sloan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sloan,

    Nanna is such a sweet girl. Yes, she is spayed, vaccinated, microchipped, heartworm negative, and ready to go to her new permanent home. I hope to receive your application soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for replying Liz! I am going out of town for 2 weeks to help my family and I will submit my application when I return. Give Nanna a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Liz! Just submitted my application for adoption! I hope to talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad to hear it. I will definitely look for your application. We will be in touch.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad to see your post! I was afraid my application had not been recieved as I have not gotten any confirmation of receipt yet! I hope to hear from you soon and hope even more to meet Nanna soon! Please let me know if you need anything more from me.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete