Please click the link below to fill out an adoption application. You will redirected to the Texas Cane Corso Rescue website. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for applying with Cane Corso Rescue

APPLY TO ADOPT HERE!!

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cute Carmen- PA 1-2yr old female

Meet Carmen!  Carmen is a petite, black brindle Cane Corso that was found as a stray in Ohio.  Carmen arrived at the shelter SEVERELY under weight (only 46lbs!!!!).  Despite her being in a state of starvation, Carmen demonstrated nothing short of pure delight in everyone and everything she met/was introduced to.  Carmen would be a great Corso for someone not as familiar with the breed, as she has less guardian nature than most Cane Corsos.  Carmen is great other dogs, and would most likely do ok in a home with cats (though, we would need to specifically cat test her).  

Carmen does demonstrate barrier reactivity, which means she barks when other dogs come near her crate.  No problem though, just let her out of her crate and she is great!  Carmen has a very short crop job on her ears, as they were probably done at home :-(.  But, Carmen's temperament is nothing short of AMAZING.  Fill out an application now to adopt Carmen!  You won't be disappointed in this beautiful companion.


Carmen's Adoption Donation: $350  And like ALL CCR dogs, Carmen is vaccinated, spayed, microchipped, and heartworm negative!

5 comments:

  1. I'm looking for a dog who will play ball w my son, be gentle w my daughter, allow the neighborhood kids to run in & out of the house, behave w small dog & cat, yet intimidate strangers at the front door. I've owned large breeds in the past, including a dogue de bordeaux. Cane Corsos are my favorite, but as a petite woman, is it the right dog for me? Do I have to be in driving distance to adopt out of state? from Indiana ... pinksunrise88@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you post or email more pictures of Carmen? (demrboyd@hotmail.com)

    It says that she's severely underweight at the time of this posting, is she filling out or has she filled out since?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello I'm interested Carmen I have already filled for adoption/foster if you please get back to me at hayabusadrt@gmail thank you Ed Raabe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I am interested in adopting and have been making several inquiries to see when dogs are still available. I am interesting in adopting a younger corso. I am very familiar with the breed as my family has had 2 wonderful ones in the past. This is my first time adopting on my own, but whenever I went home to live for a bit i was the primary caretaker for the dogs and they never left my side! Could you please contact me back at erin.n.kraemer@dmu.edu? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your interest. I will send you an email now, but the first step is to fill out an application. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete