Please click the link below to fill out an adoption application. You will redirected to the Texas Cane Corso Rescue website. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for applying with Cane Corso Rescue

APPLY TO ADOPT HERE!!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Regal Rianna- NY- adult female

I am such a lovely, Italian lady.
Currently being fostered in NY:

Hello, my name is Rianna and I am 4 years young ;-).  My story is pretty unusual, so here goes....  I am not your typical Cane Corso Rescue dog.  You see, I lived with a family that loved me.  Let me start from the very beginning.

I am truly Italian!!   My human mom traveled to Palermo, Sicily to hand pick me from the liter.  See, I told you I was special!!  Now, this was the 2nd Corso for my family, so they really love my breed. 

So, are you ready for the tear jerker part of my story?!  My family decided to move.  Great, no problem, I packed up my stuff too.  It was a bit upsetting to see everyone packing up all their stuff.  But,  I just went with the flow.  I packed my favorite bones, toys, blankets, pillows.... I even found bones hidden in places I had forgotten about (teehee).  Then one day, a lady came to my door.  I did my typical greeting of a bark at the door.  My mom told me she was a friend and I let her pet me.  She was super nice.  She took me on a short walk and she talked to my mom for long time about me.  She asked all kinds of questions, even really personal ones!  Then, it happened.  I have heard of this happening, but I never thought it would happen to me.   Do you know that my mom let this lady take me?  WHERE AM I GOING, MOM?  I didn't understand.  My packed boxes were still inside.  I didn't get to say goodbye......  Now that I think about it, my mom didn't even say goodbye to me.  And my siblings.... they just watched as I walked out the door :-(. 

I know all that sounds sad, but honestly, I LOVE where I am living now.  I was very sad to be taken from my family..... I never thought they would take everything, but ME. :-(  But, it is what it is.  My new mom keeps telling me that she is "just" my foster mom until I find another family of my very own.  I really don't want to leave, but I would love to be the center of attention.  Right now, I am living with another male Corso and a female golden retriever.  I am not crazy about either of them, but I definitely like my foster brother better. 
This is my "best" side!  LOL
My foster mom says that I really need to work on my play skills ( I admit, my foster brother is scared of me.  I kinda like it... )  BUT, my previous family never let me play with other dogs.  Nope, anytime I would try to play with another dog, they would pull me away (my foster mom tells me it's because a previous Corso they owned, didn't like other dogs.  So, they just assumed I wouldn't like dogs either). I would like to be an only dog, however, if proper training and integration, I could most likely be integrated into a family with a young, male large breed dog. But, again, I would love to be an only dog.

As for training.... I have a lot! I walk great on a leash.  I am fully house trained and don't even have to be crated.  I even know how to use a doggie door.  I am healthy, current on all my vaccinations, heart worm negative, spayed, and READY to go home with you. Oh, by the way, my birthday is on August 6th...... ALL I WANT FOR MY BIRTHDAY IS A FAMILY TO LOVE ME!!!  

APPLY TO ADOPT RIANNA
Make Rianna's birthday wish come true.... ADOPT her!

1 comment:

  1. She is gorgeous. I am definitely interested and would like to know what do I need to do to meet this beautiful gir.

    Is she a heavy drooler

    Laura
    laura016@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete